The Soloist and the Orchestra:
Setting up Effective Group Work
- Workshop Outline (Spring 2011)
- Pedagogical Benefits of Collaborative Learning
- What is Good Group Work?
- Different Ways Groups Can Be Used to Maximize Learning
- Three Different Ways of Using Small Groups
- Individual Learners in Group Settings
- Designing Effective Assignments
- Setting up Groups
- Building Community: Time Well Spent
- Collaborative Negotiation: Investing Ownership
- "I Hate Group Work!"
- Instructor Checklist